Updated: Aug 31
Most people do know biodiversity is really important, but don’t have an easy way to be part of the solution. Gardenstar aims to:
• increase native species
• increase human wellbeing
• increase human-nature connection.
Gardenstar aims to boost backyard biodiversity by empowering humans to nurture ourselves and other species - at home, at school, on our marae and across our communities, supporting Nature and supercharging our own human wellbeing.
• 87% of Kiwis are urban-dwelling
• Most people have access to a garden where rare endangered species can grow
• Gardens make up around 36% of urban areas in Aotearoa
We can helping people nurture nature through gardens which:
• support biodiversity
• enhance human wellbeing
• provide our daily connection with nature.
• 25,000 -45,000 Kiwis belong to community environmental groups
• 2,000 highly valued community groups work in predator control
• 120 volunteer groups in Northland provided >$1 million worth of time in pest control